Table of Contents
ITA-MED Posture Corrector is recommended by doctors and specialists to correct posture, help prevent and reduce scoliosis and other spinal problems.
It is 3-in-1 support for lower back, upper back, and abdomen, with a highly breathable construction of cotton lining that is comfortable for all-day wear.
It contains 2 flexible metal stays for support, reinforced straps and extra shoulder sleeves, plus a crisscross design with two additional pulls for added support and tension adjustment.
ITA-MED Posture Corrector is recommended by doctors to correct posture, helps to prevent and reduce scoliosis and other spinal problems.
The following information is associated with the device:
- Highly recommended by health professionals to correct posture, corrects slouching, hunchback and spinal curvature.
- It also helps to prevent and reduce scoliosis, spinal problems, and back pain.
- Very comfortable to wear and can be hidden under clothes.
- Innovatively designed to maximize efficiency.
- Crafted with highly breathable proprietary elastics and soft cotton for all-day comfort even in hot climates.
- 100% latex-free
- Made in THE USA. ITA-MED brand is one of the Best-Selling Health lines in the USA.
About the product
According to the manufacturer, the Thoracic Lumbo-Sacral Orthosis abbreviated as “TLSO” with model number 250 is used to correct poor posture.
It does this by providing support to four key areas, the Lumbo-Sacral (lower back), middle back, upper back, and the abdominal area of the body.
The manufacturer also suggested that it can be used in the prevention and treatment of scoliosis and other spine-related issues as well as improvement of the overall figure.
While similar products are often prescribed by a doctor, the TLSO can be purchased without such a prescription.
The manufacturer currently sells at the wholesale level, so in order to get one, you will have to purchase from one of their retailers.
About The Company ITA-MED
The TLSO-250 is made by a San Francisco based company by the name ITA-MED. ITA-Med is a privately held company that was originally incorporated in 1992.
The company manufactures and sells a number of different home health care and orthopedic products including back supports, shoulder braces, support belts, knee braces, as well as compression wears and related products.
The posture correctors are only one of the many product lines that the company designs, produces, and sells.
ITA-MED is currently headed by Lev Tripolsky, who is also listed as the founder, president, and CEO of the company, according to online records,
According to information on their website, ITA MED takes pride in designing and manufacturing “medically correct” products using natural, breathable materials that are comfortable to wear, and their manufacturing facility is considered to be one of the greenest.
In order to ensure proper utility and function, the TLSO must be fitted before wearing it. The following 7 steps to help you achieve a proper fit are offered:
- Remove the 2 vertical aluminum backstays and bend each to fit the contour of your upper back. The help of a medical professional is advised, and once it is properly adjusted, place the stays back into the posture corrector.
- Loosen up all Velcro straps that may be adhered to each other.
- Place the posture corrector over your back and pass each arm through the corresponding shoulder strap.
- While leaning slightly forward, place the brace against your back, and position the vertical stays evenly on each side of your spine. Ensure that they are resting flat against your back.
- Fasten the large elastic waist strap at the front, making sure to avoid over-tightening.
- Pull and adjust the smaller waist straps to provide additional support and to increase comfort.
- Sit up in the correct postural position, tighten the shoulder straps and secure them together at the front using the Velcro system.
Materials used in its crafting
The manufacturer offers the following information about the materials used in the production of the TLSO:
- 50% Polyester
- 22% Cotton
- 18% Nylon
- 10% Lycra
The company offers the following posture correctors: the TLSO-250(M), TLSO250(W), and the TLSO-250(P).
The letters M, W, and P that accompany the model number indicate the intended user of either Men, Women or Pediatrics respectively.
The models come in various sizes as indicated below:
TLSO-250 Posture Corrector Sizing
When choosing the correct size, measure the circumference of your body using fiberglass tape, ensuring that the measuring tape is position in between your hips and waist.
ITA-MED is a wholesaler and depends on a sizable network of retailers to market their products.
There are currently at least fifteen retail partners who are carrying their products including names such as Amazon, Sears, Target, Walmart, and Walgreens.
Thus, the actual cost of a posture corrector will vary from one retailer to another. The price often varies slightly between the men’s, women’s, and pediatric models.
Pros and Cons
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Well designed and built
- Available in multiple sizes for all – men, women, and children
- Several adjustment points allow for a perfect fit
- Mid-price range of less than $70
- Concealable in most instances
- May be covered by insurance in some instances
- Hand washed
- Not recommended for extreme physical activity
Overall, ITA-MED makes an excellent product that is comfortable, effective, durable, and well designed.
A couple of key features about this product is the additional pull straps which made it easy to provide extra support when needed, and less when not needed.
It is durable yet soft and comfortable, which made it easy to wear for extended periods of time. It’s a quality product and is offered at an affordable price.
While not ideal to wear during a workout, it does quite well during all other daily activities, at home or at work. It is Medicare and Medicaid approved and covered by many major insurers.
If you are searching for a product that will comfortably provide extra shoulder and back support and correct your posture, this is definitely a product that I would recommend.
Please remember to consult with your doctor before using the TLSO in treating any medical condition.