Table of Contents
- 1 Best selling DonJoy Knee Braces on Amazon
- 2 How to Care for DonJoy Braces
- 3 Should I wear a knee brace all the time?
- 4 Does a knee brace help to heal injuries?
- 5 Do knee braces prevent ACL tears?
- 6 What type of knee brace is best for torn ACL support?
- 7 Ideal for anybody suffering from knee pain
- 8 Ideal for individuals who are looking for extra patella (kneecap) support
- 9 Helps reduce knee pain associated with sprains, strains or arthritis
- 10 How to put on a Donjoy knee brace
The company DonJoy was founded in 1978 by Philadelphia Eagles’ offensive line captain Mark Nordquist and lawyer Ken Reed.
They started in a garage in Carlsbad, California. The company was named after their wives Donna and Joy.
The first products of DonJoy were simple support sleeves constructed of neoprene pieces stitched together and pulled over the knee, ankle and elbow joints.
In 1980, the product line added an off-the-shelf rigid knee support device called the 4-point knee brace – and the timing couldn’t have been better.
The modern era of sports medicine was in its infancy, and products like DonJoy’s were suddenly in high demand.
Throughout the next two decades, the small business grew rapidly. They are now top of the range braces using specially designed hinges, springs, and frames.
Donjoy braces are regularly used in hospitals and by professional athletes and they are known for providing excellent support
Donjoy makes braces to suit all activity levels, from everyday use to professional sportspeople.
They are particularly suited to:
- Stability Problems: to treat and prevent instability due to ligament damage, or for use after knee surgery
- Use After Knee Surgery: to hold and protect the knee and allow it to fully heal without getting overstretched and/or overuse
- Arthritis Sufferers: It helps reduce pain, improve function and delay/prevent surgery
- Prevent Injury: many sports professionals wear Donjoy knee braces to reduce the risk of injury
DonJoy knee braces include knee alignment, post-operative, ankle, osteoarthritis, patellofemoral, and general knee and thigh.
DonJoy focuses on helping people with injuries and serious joint issues remain active with the help of supportive braces.
Best selling DonJoy Knee Braces on Amazon
How to Care for DonJoy Braces
Taking proper care of your DonJoy braces can help them last longer.
Clean the liners, straps, and pads using cool water and a mild detergent. Be sure to remove them from the brace before cleaning, and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Allow them to air dry before reassembling the brace.
Wipe down the brace hinges and overall frame with a damp rag. A mild detergent can be used to remove dirt and debris. Dry the hinges immediately to avoid rusting.
Contact DonJoy if the hinges are tight and difficult to move or if you notice gouges and cracks on the surface of your brace. These issues need to be repaired and might be covered by DonJoy’s warranty.
Should I wear a knee brace all the time?
Does a knee brace help to heal injuries?
Wearing a rehabilitative knee brace will help the user recover from a torn meniscus by providing stability to the joint and preventing the wearer from aggravating the injury even further.
Knee braces with hinges on either side of the knee offer protection and prevent that wobbly feeling you may get after a knee injury.
Do knee braces prevent ACL tears?
Two studies found no effect of prophylactic bracing on knee injuries.
One study reported an increase in knee ligament injuries if braces were worn
Some studies suggest that braces can reduce the strain on the ACL during certain movements, which may mean they can prevent ACL tears.
Braces for knee support can prevent further damage while enabling the user to participate in contact or non-contact sports.
What type of knee brace is best for torn ACL support?
- If you have a mild ACL/LCL/MCL instability such as a partial ACL tear, this type of ACL
Ideal for anybody suffering from knee pain
The Reaction WEB Knee Brace is ideal for anybody suffering from knee pain. For active individuals who want to stay moving despite having knee pain, the Reaction WEB Knee Brace is your ticket to comfortable support during your activities such as walking, gardening, running, hiking, soccer, basketball, tennis, and so much more.
- Innovative web design absorbs shock, disperses energy and shifts pain away from your knee.
- It is lightweight and makes the brace ideal for all-day use.
Ideal for individuals who are looking for extra patella (kneecap) support
Made of Breath-O-Prene, which is an anti-microbial wicking fabric that is hypoallergenic, breathable, and lightweight. It provides a soft tacky connection with the patella ensuring maximum support, while the independent anchors prevent the brace from rotating.
- Ideal for runners, recreational athletes, or individuals who are looking for extra patella (kneecap) support during daily activities.
- DonJoy Tru-Pull Lite Knee Brace is an extremely comfortable patella (kneecap) support brace for mild to moderate patellar dislocations.
Helps reduce knee pain associated with sprains, strains or arthritis
Constructed with neoprene fabric, this brace delivers warmth and compression to help reduce swelling and soreness while the terrycloth lining delivers comfort and moisture absorption. Wrap-around design for easy on/off application. Fits the left or right knee
- DonJoy Advantage Knee Wrap with Stays is an adjustable, neoprene brace that delivers comfort, breathability and compression.
- Constructed with dual flexible spiral stays, this brace provides medial and lateral support-without limiting the range of motion- and helping reduce knee pain associated with sprains, strains or arthritis.