Posturific posture support – designed to help get a good posture easily
Table of Contents
Posture is an adaptation that gradually happens over time. Everyone is born with relatively good posture, but as we get older, we start to stand, sit or drive usually, not in the best positions, and as time passes your body will conform to the positional stress if not corrected.
The Posturific Brace is a new lightweight easy to use posture brace that can improve your posture starting with 15-30 minutes of usage per day.
This posturific brace does not have buckles, Velcro, or any other technical and cumbersome items crafted to it. The Posturific Brace was designed with thoughts on getting a good posture in an easy way.
Dr. Dorsey developed this product with simplicity in mind, believing that many posture supports that are being sold are over-complicated, difficult to use and uncomfortable.
After observing that several of his patients were experiencing discomfort due to their poor posture (and after realizing from a photograph that even he was using poor posture), he decided to take action by creating a simple product that would help his patients as well as his self.
- #1 Posture Brace. Posturific is the #1 choice of health care professionals for posture correction. The simple, easy to use design encourages you to wear the brace. The success of your posture improvement depends on you wearing this brace.
- Made In USA. Made from materials manufacturer in the U.S.A. and sewn by a family oriented team in Ohio.
- 60 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee - Having peace of mind that your going to like your product is the key. Give Posturific a 60 day try, if you don't like it send it back. The only thing you have to lose is time trying the brace and shipping costs.
- 15 Minutes A Day To Improved Posture. Your posture will improve immediately when the brace is on, but you need to be consistently wearing the brace and follow the directions for permanent change.
- Comfort is key, and we use the softest of fabrics and elastics in each brace. Posturific has the perfect combination of corrective pull and comfort to make your posture improvement enjoyable. This was a tricky task finding the best, softest materials for the brace, but comfort and posture correction was achieved after countless prototypes and patient feedback.
Last update on 2019-11-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Posturific brace is a simple figure-eight style posture brace that was Developed by Dr. Joshua Dorsey, a Dublin Ohio chiropractor, and introduced to the market in 2011.
Dr. Dorsey, wanted to help his patients with posture issues and after trying many other braces, which lacked simplicity, comfort, and practicality, Dr. Dorsey developed his own prototype, which later evolved into the Posturific that is available today.
The Posturific Brace offers two comfortable and effective methods to wear the brace:
- Over the shoulders
- Behind the back.
An elastic band that is about 1.5 inches wide is sewn into an infinity loop, which has stitching at the center that creates a figure-eight design and gives two separate shoulder loops. There is no way to adjust this support device, so it’s important to choose the correct size when buying.
Four Core Principled features of the Posturific Brace are:
- Easy to Use
- An Easy exercise Plan to follow in order to improve your posture
- Comfortable to wear as it can be worn in 2 positions to ensure comfort.
- For $21.99 per brace and fast shipping, the device is considered inexpensive
How It Is Used
The Posturific can be worn in one of two different positions: It can be worn under the armpits and over the outside of the upper arm.
The second way is that it can be worn under the armpits and over top of the shoulders, between the shoulder and neck. This seems to be the most secure way to wear this support as wearing it over top of the upper arms could allow the elastic band to work its way up or down the arm.
Steps in putting on the device are:
- Start by placing one arm in each loop, near the forearm area.
- Ensure that the loops are not twisted around and that the tag is facing away from your body.
- The next step is to use the area between your pointer fingers and thumb to slide the support up the arms and overhead.
- Finally, grab a hold of the straps at the front and rotate the support so that an X is located between your shoulder blades.
- A mirror will be helpful during this step.
The manufacturer suggests wearing it for 30 minutes each day for the first seven days, and once you become accustomed to wearing it, you can increase the wear time.
How the brace works
The Posturific Brace works by pulling your shoulders back and straight. When your shoulders pull back, it stretches the chest muscles which are often tight. Stretching of the chest muscles and contracting the middle back muscles is crucial to improving posture, and you must do both to improve posture. Posturific was designed to help you achieve this.
Often times, you will feel like you’re still putting on the brace even after you take the brace off. This is so important because your nervous system and muscles are starting to accept the new posture.
This support comes in two colors which are black or beige.
A sizing chart is available on their website for both men and women. Basically, the men and women’s t-shirt sizes x-small, small, and medium are equivalent when it comes to sizing the brace, but it is advised that a woman who wears a large t-shirt should use a medium brace while a woman with an X-large shirt would wear a larger brace.
For a man with a large shirt, a large brace would be appropriate. However, men who wear shirt sizes X-large and XX-large should choose the x-large brace.
The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase.
Pros and Cons
- Designed by a doctor
- Simple to use
- Money-back guarantee
- Multiple sizes/colors available
- Comes with exercise flyer
- May dig into armpit area
The support can be used during virtually any activity including seating, walking, running, driving, or while playing sports, however, the effects would be most noticeable to anyone who spends several hours seated each day, such as office workers.
Dr. Dorsey also advises that you perform a few simple exercises to help strengthen your posture. He recommends 5 minutes of exercise 3 to 4 days a week or every other day.
He has a flyer featuring three exercises that you can do at home, and he has also had a few short videos posted on his website showing the proper way to do several posture strengthening exercises. According to Dr. Dorsey, noticeable permanent results usually occur within 45 days of use.
Posture supports can be of tremendous assistance when it comes to helping keep your shoulders back but they should not be relied on solely.
According to experts, relying solely on support can actually weaken the muscles that are responsible for posture. The exercises that come with the brace are crucial in the development and re-education of the muscles and nerves.
One of the greatest features of this support product is that it does not need to be fitted or adjusted. It takes less than 10 seconds to put on or take off, making it a nice feature since most other products take several minutes to fit before they are comfortable and effective.
Another appealing feature is its ability to be concealed since the brace can be worn underneath a shirt and would be very difficult to detect.
It would then be a good idea to wear it over-top of an undershirt for a higher level of comfort and to help prevent the elastic from digging into your armpits and skin.
Finally, no matter how you look at it, exercises to strengthen your posture are a necessary component when it comes to correcting poor posture.
Whether you choose this product or end up going with something else, strengthening your muscles by exercising along with having a better postural awareness is critical.